As the world watches the 2022 Winter Olympic Games in Beijing, China, thousands of believers have committed to praying for Christians suffering persecution under the Chinese Communist Party.
More than 21,000 Christians from at least 146 different countries committed to pray on the Voice of the Martyrs’ website.
“Will you join with believers all across the globe to pray for our Christian brothers and sisters suffering persecution at the hands of China’s Communist government?” the Christian persecution watchdog writes.
“Hundreds of churches have been forced to close, pastors and church members have been arrested or detained, and the online sale of Bibles has been prohibited,” VOM said. “A campaign to remove crosses from churches continues in one province. The government has installed more than 170 million facial recognition cameras, many in or near churches, in an effort to identify those who attend worship services.”
Chinese authorities have made it illegal to disciple anyone under the age of 18, and the CCP also revised the Bible to make Jesus stone a woman and claim he is a sinner. Read the full story here.
VOM suggests five ways to pray for China during this time:
- Pray for pastors and church leaders to stand firmly for biblical truth in spite of government pressure to compromise.
- Pray for the encouragement of Chinese believers and that they will experience unity and fellowship as members of the body of Christ.
- Pray for Christians in prison. Pray for God’s protection over them, for their health and nutrition, and that they will have opportunities to witness for Christ to guards and fellow prisoners.
- Pray for the spread of the gospel among participants in the games and among local, provincial, and national Communist Party Leaders.
- Pray for the safe distribution of Bibles in every part of China. Pray for pastors and church leaders to stand firmly for biblical truth in spite of government pressure to compromise.
Join thousands of others around the world in praying for China! Click here to sign up!