More than 30,000 Christians are joining Bethel Church in urgent prayer for Pastor Bill Johnson’s wife, Beni Johnson, in her battle with cancer.
Lead Pastor Dann Farrelly said Sunday he received a text from Bill Johnson that Beni was having a hard time breathing and sleeping.
“We’ve been praying consistently, and she has experienced a measure of breakthrough,” the Redding, California-based megachurch wrote in an Instagram post.
“Now we feel led by the Lord to invite you, the local and global Church, to join us in contending for her full physical healing,” it added.
The church started a website for people to sign up for 15-minute prayer slots to cover Beni in constant prayer over the next few weeks. Almost every single space for Friday is filled.
“Stand with us as we intentionally press in for victory for Beni,” Bethel wrote.
The church added several prayer points:
- Pray for Beni’s complete and total victory over cancer.
- Pray that Beni will be able to sleep deeply.
- Pray for consistency and strength in Beni’s breathing.
- Thank the Lord for the doctors, medical teams, and others working with Beni, and pray for continued wisdom, grace, and creative solutions.
- Pray that her DNA aligns with God’s order and that every cancer cell would be eradicated from her body.
- Pray for strength and a hedge of protection (Job 1:10) around the entire Johnson family.
- Raise the shield of faith (Eph. 6:16) that would extinguish all attacks from the enemy and that no weapon of the enemy would prosper against her or her family (Is. 54:17)
- Pray for courage and grace for Bill, their children, and extended family.
- Pray into Ben’s future concerning the things that are on her heart to see and accomplish.
The church asks people joining in prayer to “be led by the Holy Spirit as you pray for Beni.”